Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Attitude and Perception

Earlier this month, my friend Kim, who is battling breast cancer (and winning, thank you very much, God!), sent the following e-mail about attitude vs. perception:

ATTITUDE AND PERCEPTION

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, and noticed she had only three hairs on her head.

"Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today." So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head.

"H-M-M, " she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today." So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head.

"Well," she said, "Today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail." So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.

"YEAH!" she exclaimed, "I don't have to fix my hair today!"


Monday was an attitude / perception kind of day. I'd planned to spend it working on a project that has been cursed from the beginning, tying up loose ends so that they don't unravel any time soon, and putting other plans on hold. It was not a day I was looking forward to.

Lo and behold, when I went to do some work that involved choosing and placing photos, the CD that was supposed to be full of .jpgs... was blank! An electronic glitch!

Which means that it'll come overnight and I'll work on it today. But which also meant that I had an unexpected "gift" away from the ::bleah:: project on my anniversary. If perception is everything, it was a wonderful present, indeed!

In Other News
Had a lovely "date night" last night with my husband of 18 years and our 3 year old daughter. Pizza Hut and "Cars." An awful lot of fun with my two favorite people -- for under $30!

Congratulations all over the place to my friend, fellow screenwriter, John Alarid! His screenplay, "A Kodak Moment" was a winner in this year's Moondance Film Festival. That's the second contest success John's had this year. He's on a roll! Yay!