Tuesday, March 07, 2006

California Dreaming

I attended the MEGA Marketing Seminar put on by Mark Victor Hansen in L.A. this past weekend. What a rush! I learned a lot -- more from the attendees than from the presenters, by the way. The attendees weren't into the hard sell -- something I can't say for the 2 hour infomercials that nearly every presentation turned into.

Still, the event was worthwhile in many, many ways. I was so impressed with so many things, and with what I got from attending, that I'll be going to the MEGA Book Marketing University in Orlando, FL in July.

Finally returned home about 2 a.m. this morning, due to flight cancellations, spending another night in L.A. getting a different flight that rerouted to Denver, then being stuck there for several hours, and finally getting into O'Hare, with a 12 hour [!!!!] layover -- so Karen drove down and got me and brought me home. Whew!).

Much to tell, but work beckons. Suffice to say, however, that there will be major changes in this blog in the coming weeks. I'm working up a plan for doing something BIG by the end of the year. Something that's never been done before. I'll tell you all about it on Thursday's post -- when I've had time to think more about how I'm going to make it happen...

My major takeaway from this weekend's seminar: Dare to dream big. The universe abhors a void, and will rush to fill the space your big dream creates.