Tuesday, September 05, 2006

It Couldn't Happen To a Nicer Guy

I just found out last night that my friend, photographer extraordinaire Charles Hilton got married this weekend. What a wonderful surprise. I called him to talk about the photos for The Rider's Back Book, and heard the Happy News.

I am thrilled for him. Next to my husband and my father, he's one of the nicest guys I know. I had the privilege of talking to his new wife and congratulating both of them on their new life together.

Sometimes good things really do happen to good people. Charles also told me about an exciting new job development he has in the works. I say, "Good For You!"

One of the wonderful things about my job is that it brings me in touch with some truly extraordinary people. Things don't always go well for people, and I'm always touched when they confide in me during the down times. But sometimes, the clouds part, the sun comes out, and their lives just glow. Then I'm grateful to be a part of their lives and be able to share in their good fortune.

Congratulations, Charles and "Annie!" God Bless!

Oh yes: the edit of the book is finished. There are still some photo choices to be made, and I'm waiting to receive the radiographs, scans, and other medical illustrations, but I'm confident that neither thing will hold up the project. I sent the manuscript to Dr. Warson for his perusal.

I'm going to spend some time Tuesday finishing up the photo selections. After that, it's just a matter of waiting for everyone involved to sign off on the project, packing it all up in a neat little box, and shipping it to Trafalgar Square. Things are just peachy all around!