1. Write something you love.
|I have CREATED! I'm as happy as a pig in a puddle!|
3. Research the websites, magazines, publishers, or agents that want the sort of thing you write.
|There's a great big world out there just waiting for me. I must discover where I fit into it.|
5. Screw up your courage.
(Alcohol in moderate quantities may be imbibed for crucial courage screwing.)
|Relentless optimism is a bonus.|
7. Give your BSO first to a kind but discerning Beta reader. Request honest feedback & comments.
|Tell me what you really thought. Go on. Say it. I can take it.|
10. Send the professional editor or kind critiquer the portions of your BSO you wish edited & critiqued. (No viruses or other computer nasties, please.)
11. Repeat Step 9. Then send BSO query to entities chosen in Step 6.
|Run like the wind! I hereby unleash you upon the world!|
Did I miss anything? Let me know! Weigh in with your own process in the comments.
All photos from MorgueFile.com